Wednesday, March 7, 2012

rather than be intimidated...





OK, its true. I've been intimidated by my many, very witty, blogging friends who manage to come up with much better posts that I do. Its also true that I am a bit removed from what is happening politically in the United States, because my day is filled with talking to sailors at the Copa de Mexico, homeschooling, thinking about what I'm going to make for dinner and how will I fit in a nap or a meditation session into my day. Am I dreaming up funny poetry about people that I run into? Nope. Am I sleeping in and then recording the craziest dreams ever, that can then be made into a novel and make me millions? Again, no. Should I be scared of doing any of these things? No, not really and the next time I get a wild hair in my saddle over it, I plan on being witty and funny and gay. Instead, I thought I would post these great pix of my dad on his 82nd birthday and the silliness that ensued.

Here are the kids with their granpa
And then again, me and dad
My dad's special "headwear" courtesy of Oliver from Huanacaxtle

Like I said, silliness ensued but we sure had a good time. One only turns 82 once in a lifetime.
By the way, I'm going to miss my dad and Tricia when they go back to the U.S. this Sat. sighing...

No comments: